Broker E&O in the Era of COVID-19
- Video: Broker E&O in the Era of COVID-19
The SLA's Benjamin McKay, CEO, and David Kodama, EVP, present an action plan to mitigate broker E&O risk on past, current, and future placements in the era of COVID-19.
California Dept. of Insurance Notices and Information
The California Department of Insurance and Commissioner Lara have released the following information pertaining to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Bulletin #1394 July 9, 2020
CDI Extends Premium Relief For June and Subsequent Months As Conditions Warrant
- Bulletin #1392 May 27, 2020
Commissioner’s Notice Directs Insurers, Insurance Professionals To Promptly and Fairly Settle Insurance Claims
- Bulletin #1391 May 18, 2020
Commissioner Expands Order for Repayment of Premiums, Extends Grace Period To July 14, 2020
- Bulletin #1388 Apr 23, 2020
Commissioner Lara Grants Three-Month Extension For Filing, Payment of Premium Taxes For Payments of Less Than $1 Million
- Bulletin #1387 Apr 21, 2020
Compliance with Regulatory Filing and Submittal Requirements During the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency
- Bulletin #1386 Apr 15, 2020
Commissioner Lara Requires Insurers To Fairly Investigate All Business Interruption Claims Caused By COVID-19 Virus
- Bulletin 1385 Apr 9, 2020
Prelicensing Requirements During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Bulletin #1384 Apr 8, 2020
Commissioner Lara Calls For Extension of Policyholder Deadlines For Claims Until After COVID-19 Emergency Ends
- Notice from Commissioner Lara: Extension Policy Claim - April 03, 2020 [ PDF ]
- Notice from Commissioner Lara:
Billing Grace Period Notice - March 18, 2020 [ PDF ]
- Important announcements from the California Department of Insurance
California SLA Announcements Regarding the COVID-19 Pandemic
The California SLA has released the following information and guidance pertaining to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Insurance Associations’ COVID-19 Resources
The following resources are provided on behalf of other industry professionals for information relating to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Wholesale & Specialty Insurance Association (WSIA) offers a repository for select bulletins issued by the NAIC and various state insurance departments. These bulletins outline the DOIs responses to the COVID-19 crisis, including declarations of moratorium, temporary waivers of compliance requirements, etc.
WSIA State COVID-19 Bulletins
- The National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) has established a resource page to support the public, business community and insurance professionals understand and manage the risks of the current outbreak of COVID-19, commonly known as Coronavirus.
- The Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America, Inc. (Big "I" Trusted Choice) has gathered resources, FAQs, webinars and other content related to COVID-19
- The American Property Casualty Insurance Association (APCIA) is actively engaged in many activities associated with COVID-19. The latest information is compiled, including ways that property casualty insurers are responding to the potential threats posed by COVID-19 as well as related rules, regulations, and insurance department communications from across the country.
- The Insurance Information Institute (Triple-I) Coronavirus news and updates includes communications and Fact Sheets; Triple-I thought leadership; and, reports and analysis on the latest news and developments impacting the industry and its customers.
- National Insurance Producer Registry (NIPR) monitors new developments related to State Government operations and regularly update information:
- More than 100 trade associations and business organizations spanning 30 business sectors and representing 58 million employees – 45 percent of the American workforce – launched the America's Recovery Fund Coalition, which will advocate for a grant-based federal assistance program to power the resilience of American enterprise.
Other COVID-19 Resources Relevant to the Surplus Lines Industry
The following resources may be relevant to Surplus Lines industry professionals for information and opinions relating to the COVID-19 pandemic.